Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamEngineering
At GBM Works, we developed a disruptive and innovative method to silently install foundations. Now, we are developing the tool, our Vibrojet®, for the next generation XXL monopiles used for wind energy offshore. Our patented method will solve major challenges in the offshore wind industry that are associated with the current method ‘piling’ such as harmful noise to marine life, potential delays, fatigue damage in the pile and scaling issues. We collaborate with leading offshore contractors and windfarm developers. As we venture into unchartered waters, we are looking for inventors who like to challenge the status quo and can push boundaries in cooperation with the existing team.
In collaboration with GROW Offshore partners, a €6.5 mln subsidy has been granted to the SIMOX project, which started in April 2021. During this project, GBM Works will test the method on bearing capacity and noise levels over the next 3 years. The interest from the market has grown significantly, the reason why we anticipate that the geotechnical expertise of GBM Works will lead to commercial consultancy and engineering assignments sooner than expected.
GBM Works has also approval of €1.9mln subsidy for SIMPLE-IIB project, which is the third project of the Silent Installation of Monopiles (SIMPLE) line of projects that will allow GBM Works to further develop its jetting technique and therefore take it one step closer to the application in commercial projects.
Amongst others, SIMPLE IIB's scope includes preparation for large scale offshore demonstration, laboratory tests, manufacturing of prototypes and drivability, lateral- and axial bearing capacity and scour protection tests - some of them in collaboration with the SIMOX Project.
The Mechanical Engineer will work together with our multidisciplinary project team consisting of Geotechnical Engineers, Data Engineers and Test Engineers. This team is responsible for the development of all future GBM Works products and services. The GBM Works team cooperates in a larger project structure with a consortium of leading multinational companies in the Offshore Wind energy market.
For instance, in collaboration with GROW Offshore partners, the SIMOX project has started in April 2021. During this project, GBM Works will test the method at scale 1:4-6 on bearing capacity and noise levels over the next 3 years. Market launch of the Vibrojet® is foreseen from 2024 onwards.
During the next SIMPLE development projects, every time larger prototypes will be developed demonstrating driveability through sand and clay soils and a simulation model, which has already been partially developed, which is validated to enable predictions to be made. The interest from the market has grown significantly.
Strengthening the team with mechanical experience is therefore a top priority. When you are practically driven, and the expert on mechanical domain of the technology, we invite you to apply.
- Develop mechanical requirements and specifications for the system, both for the retrievable Vibrojet® tool and customized solutions.
- Maintain contact with the end-user, project partners and partner manufacturers to design the tool to the desired specifications.
- Make hardware purchasing decisions for the realisation of the tools
- Participate in product decisions, in close collaboration with other disciplines and project partners (geotechnical software, suppliers)
- Dive deeply into technical problems we encounter; come up with solutions and assist with implementation/verification, working closely together with both software and hardware colleagues.
- Safeguard the robustness of the tool to secure any unforeseen events/problems that might occur.
What do we offer?
- An experience-based salary
- Stock options
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- 25 paid holiday days.
- Technical education reimbursement program
- Location at ETCA in Amsterdam
More importantly, we offer an inspiring environment with highly motivated people that are determined to achieve goals.
Your must-have skill set
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering (or similar)
- 5+ years of working experience in mechanical engineering
- Ability to work with Solidworks
- Hands-on experience with the development of Offshore equipment
- Full-time available, living in the Netherlands
Interested? Simply apply by pressing the apply button!
Recruitment agencies - no thank you!