At GBM Works, we are developing a silent installation tool, the Vibro-drill, for the next generation XXL monopiles. This method will solve major challenges in the offshore wind industry that are associated with the current method ‘piling’ such as harmful noise to marine life, potential delays, fatigue damage in the pile and scaling issues. We collaborate with leading offshore contractors and windfarm developers. As we venture into unchartered waters we are looking for inventors with a passion for renewable energy who like to challenge the status quo.
The Mechatronics Engineer will work together with our multidisciplinary team consisting of a Geotechnical Engineer, Data Engineer, Mechanical Engineer and Test Engineers. You are practically driven, and the expert on implementation and control of the desired functions of the technology.
- Develop and implement real-time control software of the system.
- Optimize and visualize the performance of new technology and make a digital twin that will be used to monitor the real-time data and performance during operation.
- Maintain contact with the end-user and partner manufacturers to design the tool to the desired specifications.
- Make hardware purchasing decisions for the realisation of real-time control of pumps, actuators, motors and accompanied installation of controllers, software and cable infrastructure.
- Participate in product decisions, in close collaboration with other disciplines and project partners (geotechnical software, suppliers)
- Dive deeply into technical problems we encounter; come up with solutions and assist with implementation/verification, working closely together with both software and hardware colleagues.
- Safeguard the robustness of the control system to secure any unforeseen events/problems that might occur.
Your must-have skill set
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechatronics (or similar)
- 5+ years of working experience in mechatronics
- Python and C++ (or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience with the development of PLC controlled machinery
- Experience with PLC (or Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Full-time available
What do we offer?
- An experience-based salary
- Stock options
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- 25 paid holiday days.
- Technical education reimbursement program
- Location in Utrecht
More importantly, we offer an inspiring environment with highly motivated people that are determined to achieve goals.
Interested? Simply apply by pressing the apply button!
Recruitment agencies - no thank you!