At GBM Works, we are developing a silent installation tool, the Vibro-drill, for the next generation XXL monopiles. This method will solve major challenges in the offshore wind industry that are associated with the current method ‘piling’ such as harmful noise to marine life, potential delays, fatigue damage in the pile and scaling issues. We collaborate with leading offshore contractors and windfarm developers. As we venture into unchartered waters we are looking for inventors who like to challenge the status quo and can push boundaries.
You lead the SIMPLE II project team, and participate in the management team, lead by founder Ben Arntz. The SIMPLE II project team is divided into 2 sub teams:
- the hardware team, developing the machine and
- the software team, developing the geotechnical simulation model, core for the future consulting and engineering activities.
You will be the spin in the web of the development activities of the company. You will be main contact with the end-user and partner manufacturers to design the tool to the desired specifications. We are working with the Scrum project methodology and you will be acting as Scrum Master of the SIMPLE II project team.
As a Scrum Master, your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the team as well as possible.
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management.
- Helping the team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment.
- Understanding and practicing agility.
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed
You serve the Development Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
- Helping the Team to create high-value products.
- Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress.
- Facilitating events as requested or needed.
- Coaching the Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
You serve the organization in several ways, including:
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organization;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development;
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Team;
- Guiding high-level product decisions, in close collaboration with management and project partners
- Diving deeply in technical problems we encounter; coming up with solutions and assisting with implementation/verification, working closely together with both software and hardware colleagues.
- Safeguarding the robustness of the machine along the way, leading to a successful product launch.
What do we offer?
- An experience-based salary.
- Stock options
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- 25 paid holiday days.
- Location in Utrecht.
- A career development plan.
What is your must-have skillset?
- > 5 years working experience
- Experience with project management and the Scrum methodology
- Bachelor’s degree (Dutch equivalent: HBO) or higher
What is your nice-to-have skillset?
- Affinity with Geotechnics
- Affinity with Offshore wind
- Experience with the Agile philosophy
For questions please send us a message at email@example.com
Full-time position available from 1st of November 2020
Office is from August 2020 on situated in Utrecht at the former powerplant of Eneco, industrypark Lage Weide
Recruitment agencies - no thank you!